OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Change Submitter

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Change Submitter

Postby Lee_bel » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:46 pm

I'm 'learning the ropes' of OJS as Journal Manager/Editor. A terrific system!

To simplify submission for a set of conference abstracts, we have opted to link submissions through the conference page. This means that I register an author and then login as the author an act as the 'submitter'.

On one submission, I forgot to change my login as the 'author'. This meant that when the author went to look at his submissions (2), it didn't list the one submission I made as submitter, even though he was down as the author.

Therefore, is there any way of editing the submission so that it can be linked to the author as submitter? I couldn't see how to correct the record and tidy the sytem back to reality.

Help!

Lee
Lee_bel

Postby asmecher » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:11 am

Hi Lee,

Unless you re-submit the article and start fresh, you'll have to do this in the database. In MySQL:
  • Determine the user ID of the person who should be the submitter.
    Code: Select all
    SELECT user_id FROM users WHERE username = 'username-here';
  • Determine the article ID of the article you want to re-assign:
    SELECT article_id FROM articles WHERE title = 'article-title-here';
  • Re-assign the article:
    UPDATE articles SET user_id = user_id_here WHERE article_id = article_id_here;
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Changing a submitter

Postby Lee_bel » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:47 pm

Thanks Alec

Our sysadmin performed the SQL. I suggest that it would be very helpful in the role of Editor to be able to change the submitter in future versions on the Submission section of the page-

Home > User > Editor > Submissions > # > Review

Thanks again

Lee
Lee_bel

Return to OJS Technical Support