OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Enroll existing user does not work

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Enroll existing user does not work

Postby marco » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:34 am

it used to but it doesn't anymore. i've created a lot of new users today and then i was trying to assign and/or add a different role to some users, but when i clicked on the "enroll" link near the user in the "enroll existing user" page it just reloaded the main enrollment page without doing anything else! so now, i also have unenrolled users that can't be enrolled anymore. what happened? what have i done wrong?
thanks for your help.
marco

Postby AndyP » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:26 am

Marco

We are having the same problem, but only with some users. Logging in under a different Journal Manager account seems to work, but it's hardly the best solution. Did you ever find out what was causing your problem?
AndyP

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:13 am

Hi all,

If you're using the "All Users" link when enrolling a user, make sure you select a role at the top of the page. (Alternately, you can go in via a particular role, such as Reviewers, rather than clicking "All Users".)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby AndyP » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi Alec

Thanks for this, I now know how to get round the problem. I still think it's a glitch though as I'm not using the 'All Users' link, but instead going in through a role.

For example if my path is:

....../manager/people/layoutEditors

I click on Enrol existing user

...../manager/enrollSearch/768

I then select the first letter of the users surname from the alphabet provided

...../manager/enrollSearch?searchInitial=C&roleId=768

If I try and enroll one of the users on this page there's no problem, however if I select to view the next page of the results, the 'roleid' is lost from the address line and I can't select a user without picking a role form the dropdown which then appears

...../manager/enrollSearch?searchField=initial&searchMatch=&search=C&dateFromDay=&dateFromYear=&dateFromMonth=&dateToDay=&dateToYear=&dateToMonth=&usersPage=2

Now I realise that all I need do when this happens is select a role it's no problem, but it may be something for the next update.
AndyP

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi Andy,

That's a known issue; see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2406 for a patch. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
asmecher

Postby AndyP » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:24 pm

Many Thanks

Andy
AndyP

Postby AndyP » Mon May 14, 2007 7:53 am

Here's a similar problem.

When logged in as an editor and selecting a browse letter, the second page of results looses the searchInitial parameter.

eg - URL for the first page of results is:

/index.php/Reformation/editor/enrollSearch/3181?searchInitial=J

for the second page the URL is:

/index.php/Reformation/editor/enrollSearch/3181?searchField=initial&searchMatch=&search=&dateFromDay=&dateFromYear=&dateFromMonth=&dateToDay=&dateToYear=&dateToMonth=&usersPage=2

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Andy
AndyP

Postby asmecher » Mon May 14, 2007 9:15 am

Hi Andy,

There's a patch for this at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2864.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
---
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support