OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

cannot find the upload directory

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

cannot find the upload directory

Postby mfubpon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:06 pm

hello,

have a nice day to all.

as of now, we can upload and download files to our server (ubunto 12.04).
unfortunately, we cannot figure out where is the location of the uploaded files.
can you help me to find the specific location?

Moreover, if we change the directory from config file and the server cannot find that directory it will automatically create a new directory called "uploadarticles" and we cannot figure it out where to find that directory.

how is that so?
mfubpon

Re: cannot find the upload directory

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi mfubpon,

Do you mean the file upload directory for submission files? Its location is described in config.inc.php in the "files_dir" directive; if you change it in your configuration file, you're also responsible for moving it to its new location.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mfubpon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:21 pm

hello asmecher ,

We already changed the path from 'config.inc.php'.

We created a folder called 'uploads' and changed also the path from 'config.inc.php', unfortunately, we cannot find all uploaded files (all submission files). The server says, it creates a new folder called 'uploadarticles' but we cannot find that folder/directory. We trace the source code during uploading we didn't find any 'uploadarticles' word.
mfubpon

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:25 am

Hi mfubpon,

I'm not quite sure I'm following, so let me describe the way OJS treats the files directory:

When OJS is installed, you need to enter a path name into the installation form. There's a check there to make sure that the directory can be written, i.e. that file permissions are permissive enough.
After that, during regular operation of the system, OJS will create directories for each journal, and within those, each submission, in which to store submission files.
If you went through the proper installation process the directory you named during installation must already exist, and will contain subdirectories called "site" and "journals". If you later change the directory in config.inc.php, you'll need to move the directory that was previously created into its new location.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mfubpon » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:04 am

Hi asmecher,

I've encountered those process already...

I am just wondering why there is a directory created 'uploadarticles' during submission of files if the server cannot find the directory specified in the 'config.inc.php'.

So far, our project has been deployed successfully. We can submit and retrieve files from the server.

I think, we just need time to resolve this issue and I'll inform you when everything is okay. :D

Thank you for your time.
mfubpon

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:33 am

Hi mfubpon,

OK. Just to confirm, OJS doesn't have anything called "uploadarticles" coded into it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support