OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Review rounds info doesn't show up

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Review rounds info doesn't show up

Postby juiliangliao » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:02 am

Hello OJS developers,

Something wrong happened to our review rounds. The review rounds under the Review tab didn't show any info (ex: Reviewer 1, ... Reviewer 2, ....) as what we have seen on the 2.1.1 version of OJS. The version we are using is 2.4.2. I recall, in the "Email log empty" discussion, some tables need to be renamed and some values need to be set. Is it the same for review rounds? If so, what adjustments should we do to fix the review rounds.

Regards,
Jui
juiliangliao

Re: Review rounds info doesn't show up

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:36 am

Hi Jui,

Have you checked your PHP error logs to see if any errors are listed there? Are you sure the upgrade process completed successfully? (Check the Site Administrator's interface to make sure that the version listed is actually 2.4.2.) Finally, can you post a screenshot showing the missing information, with any identifying details obscured?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby juiliangliao » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:21 am

Hi Alec,

I think the upgrade was done successfully.

System info.png
System Information
System info.png (22.15 KiB) Viewed 951 times

After completing upgrade, I have checked the review rounds info of the same article (under review tab) from the 2 versions of OJS. 2.4.2 OJS doesn't show the same info as seen in 2.1.1 OJS. The screenshots are attached as follows.

2.1.1 OJS.png
Review rounds info on 2.1.1 OJS
2.1.1 OJS.png (43.95 KiB) Viewed 951 times

2.4.2 OJS.png
Review rounds info on 2.4.2 OJS
2.4.2 OJS.png (46.86 KiB) Viewed 951 times

Hence, I'd like to know how I might be able to fix this.

Regards,
Jui
juiliangliao

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:40 am

Hi Jui,

That does look like an upgrade bug -- that's quite an old installation you're starting with, so it may be tricky to track this down. If possible, can you send me (privately) a database dump?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi Jui,

Running the same upgrade on my local machine using the ojs-stable-2_4 branch migrates those entries across without trouble. The ojs-stable-2_4 branch is roughly the same as OJS 2.4.2 plus the recommended patches at http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/OJS_2.4.2_Recommended_Patches, so I suspect one of the recommended patches on that list will have corrected the problem. The best solution is to apply them all before re-running the upgrade again from a backup DB -- but off the top of my head I suspect bug #8338 is the culprit.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby juiliangliao » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi Alec,

Recently I found another (sort of) discrepancy of shown archives between ojs-2.1.1 and ojs-2.4.2. After I upgraded OJS from 2.1.1 to 2.4.2 and applied all the patches, some of the articles in Archives didn't show up on ojs-2.4.2 version. Attached include screenshots of applying patches and being upgraded successfully, Archives shown on ojs-2.1.1 and 2.4.2 respectively. Any comment/idea to fix will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jui

2.4.2 Patches Applied and Upgraded.PNG
2.4.2 Patches Applied and Upgraded
2.4.2 Patches Applied and Upgraded.PNG (21.5 KiB) Viewed 775 times

Archives shown in ojs-2.1.1.PNG
Archives shown in ojs-2.1.1
Archives shown in ojs-2.1.1.PNG (30.73 KiB) Viewed 775 times

Archives shown in ojs-2.4.2.PNG
Archives shown in ojs-2.4.2.PNG
Archives shown in ojs-2.4.2.PNG (31.46 KiB) Viewed 775 times
juiliangliao

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi Jui,

Note that some of the patches in OJS 2.4.2 Recommended Patches affect the upgrade process, and thus need to be applied *before* running the upgrade script in order to take effect. I'm thinking in particular of bug #8338. If possible, try applying the recommended patches and re-running the upgrade process; this may well correct the problem you're seeing with review rounds.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby juiliangliao » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Hi Alec,

After apply patch #8338 before upgrading OJS, the message showed up (as attached screenshot) indicating the upgrade is needed before applying patches. This also happened when other patches were applied. Hence, may I know how I might be able to apply those patches properly before conducting upgrade?

Regards,
Jui

Apply patch before upgrade.png
Apply patch before upgrade.png (12.65 KiB) Viewed 640 times
juiliangliao

Postby asmecher » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:22 am

Hi Jui,

That's correct. If you follow these steps...
  • Follow the instructions in docs/README to upgrade the code
  • Before upgrading the database, apply any patches
  • Follow the instructions in docs/README to upgrade the database
...you'll have the benefit of any patches that affect the upgrade process.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support