OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Template mixup and css upload problem - patching to 2.4.2

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Template mixup and css upload problem - patching to 2.4.2

Postby szczuka » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:49 am

Hi,

As mentioned in my previous topic, I have just patched OJS 2.3.6 up to 2.4.2.
There were few problems, some serious, but possible to resolve. Some of them I am still not aware of, I'm sure :)
However, one issue remains and is extremely annoying. After patching the "User Home" button on the Navigation (top menu) bar switches the template from my own (Modified Redbar) to the system default (Redbar without modifications) . This button is not configurable, it is assumed to be there by default.
I made sure that in site administration the "redirect to journal" is set and I have cleared all caches manually. No effect.
To make things more interesting, the link to "User" on the path that is displayed in breadcrumb above page (just below navigation bar) the link appears correctly. Fom looking at the page source I conclude that this is because of the addition of "class=default" in the link.
Additionally, I got error in the "Site Administrator>Site settings" when I attempted to upload my working .css to alter the template. I have used the very same template that is working OK for the rest of the journal but the response was:
"Invalid site style sheet format. Accepted format is .css."
The file is a proper CSS file (checked with W3 tool for compliance) named "Site.css"
I cannot understand this effect.

Best regards

Marcin Szczuka
szczuka

Re: Template mixup and css upload problem - patching to 2.4.

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi Marcin,

For problems uploading the CSS file, search the forum for the message "Invalid site style sheet format" -- there are lots of threads about this.

What selector are you using for the User Home link?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby szczuka » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:46 am

Dear Alec,

I am not sure what you mean by "Selector".
If I go to my page's source the link behind the navigation menu item is "<li id="userHome"><a href="http://fi.mimuw.edu.pl/index.php/index/user">User Home</a></li>" This one causes trouble.
The one that works properly is in breadcrumb "<div id="breadcrumb">
<a href="http://fi.mimuw.edu.pl/index.php/FI/index">Home</a> &gt;
<a href="http://fi.mimuw.edu.pl/index.php/FI/user" class="current">User Home</a></div>"

Any thoughts about this?

Marcin Szczuka
szczuka

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:36 am

Hi Marcin,

I see what you mean. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8224 for some discussion of this; I'd suggest tweaking that link as a modification.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support