OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Database connection error during install

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Database connection error during install

Postby connercbrown » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:08 am

He everyone.

I've installed OJS on a test system before and had no problems. Now I am installing in on the production server and am running into some issues.

I am installing on a hosted 1and1.com Linux account. When I run the installation, I get the following error:

Errors occurred during installation:

A database error has occurred: Access denied for user 'dbo493766179'@'%' to database 'dbo493766179'

It looks like the system is appending @'%' to the end of the username. Not sure what's going on here. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here?

Thanks
connercbrown

Re: Database connection error during install

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:18 am

Hi connercbrown,

In the message...
Code: Select all
A database error has occurred: Access denied for user 'dbo493766179'@'%' to database 'dbo493766179'
...the "dbo493766179" is the username, the "dbo493766179" is the database name, and the "%" is the hostname. (Note the quotes and the @ syntax to separate username and hostname.) Check your database credentials and try again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby connercbrown » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:38 am

I know the username and password are correct. I was a bit puzzled as to why it is reporting the hostname as % and not the one I typed in.

Any ideas?
connercbrown

Postby asmecher » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:40 am

Hi Conner,

Unfortunately no. You could check in the depths of the ADODB library what credentials are being supplied in the actual mysqli_real_connect call; see (OTOH) lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php, in the _connect function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support