OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PublishedArticle

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method PublishedArticle

Postby sigitpurnomo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:35 pm

I had install the latest version of OJS (2.4.2) for http://ojs2.uajy.ac.id/

I got an "Fatal error: Call to undefined method PublishedArticle::getDOI() in /home/ojsuajy/public_html/cache/t_compile/%%28^280^280EE005%%dublincore.tpl.php on line 77" when click the PDF file...

Does anyone know why this problem occurred?

Thanks for your help...
sigitpurnomo

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined method PublishedArticle

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:55 am

Hi sigitpurnomo,

That line of code does not appear in templates/article/dublincore.tpl in OJS 2.4.2; either your cache directory is out of date (check file permissions on cache/t_compile and clear its contents) or there is some out of date code in your installation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby sigitpurnomo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi Alec,

I had clear all the contents in cache/t_compile and still experience with the same problem.

Can you suggest me where I should edit/replace the out of date code in my installation?

Thank you

Best Regards,
Sigit Purnomo
sigitpurnomo

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:09 am

Hi Sigit,

I'm not sure how you upgraded -- but try comparing your installation against the stock OJS 2.4.2 codebase and I think you'll find that you have old code in your installation somehow.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby sigitpurnomo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:43 am

Hi Alec,

What I have done is doing an upgrade from older version and I got that error(note: I have done this for domain http://ojs.uajy.ac.id).

After that, I was tried to do the fresh install using the latest version for domain http://ojs2.uajy.ac.id but I am still got the same problem so I am really confuse about this.

Hope that you can help.

Best Regards,
Sigit Purnomo
sigitpurnomo

Postby asmecher » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:55 am

Hi Sigit,

Look at the templates/article/dublincore.tpl file as it appears in the OJS 2.4.2 download package, then look at the same file in your installation. If you've upgraded to 2.4.2, they should be the same (either using the patch method or the full package method). I can't tell you why these are different in your installation because I don't know its maintenance history, but as long as you're mixing old code and new code, your installation is likely not to work.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby sigitpurnomo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi Alec,

Problem Solved. It's happen because I replace the templates folder with my previous backup because there is a custom template that we have create.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

Sigit Purnomo
sigitpurnomo

Return to OJS Technical Support