OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Import error

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Import error

Postby makemywish » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi

Would be glad if someone can help me here:

I am trying to import users into a new install. After uploading the users.xml file, you see the "Confirm that these are the users you would like to import into the system:" message with the "Cannot use passwords hashed with sha1; OJS is configured to use md5. If you continue, you will need to reset the imported users' passwords." message and the list of users. On clicking the import users button, the following error message is generated:

---
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php/journal/manager/importexport/plugin/UserImportExportPlugin/import on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
---

The server error log returned this:

---
[29-Sep-2013 21:27:46 UTC] ojs2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: set_time_limit() [<a href='function.set-time-limit'>function.set-time-limit</a>]: Cannot set time limit in safe mode
In file: /home/subalternmedia/public_html/widescreenjournal.org/plugins/importexport/users/UserImportExportPlugin.inc.php
At line: 70
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.3.23
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 5.5.32-cll
---

I am on a shared hosting and have placed a php.ini file with safe mode = off.

Regards
Kishore
makemywish

Re: Import error

Postby makemywish » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Hosting was kind enough to turn off PHP safe mode, yet the problem is not resolved.
makemywish

Re: Import error

Postby asmecher » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi Kishore,

I don't think that "forbidden" error is coming from OJS; check to make sure you haven't got a firewall or mod_security configuration that's intervened. This should be captured somewhere in the server log files, depending on your specific configuration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support