OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems from 2.2.4 to 2.4.2

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Problems from 2.2.4 to 2.4.2

Postby rjudd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:42 pm

I had to move up from 2.2.4 today because our hosting service no longer permits use of php 5.2, and OJS 2.2.4 won't run in php 5.4.

I tried the 2.2.4 to 2.4.2 patch file but that resulted in many "Hunk" errors and REJ files. Could not locate a way to determine how to resolve this problem in the forum.

Also tried installing 2.4.2 package via that set of instructions.

Currently the site does not locate the issues of the journal. And the OJS version in the "about" page has not been updated. (I know that this means that the upgrade did not complete correctly, but am not sure how to locate and resolve the error.)

Per one forum suggestion, I set the "install" to off in config and tried installing that way; immediate DB error was Table not found: "copyed_assignment". and the install aborted.

I've reset the install and set the debug to on; am not seeing any obvious errors (www.ams-net.org/ojs/index.php/JMHP) I'd really be grateful for assistance! Thanks in advance.
Bob
rjudd

Re: Problems from 2.2.4 to 2.4.2

Postby rjudd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:34 pm

I have read viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10553 on 2.2.4 to 2.4.2 and am stuck.

I'm sure that I should be applying some of the patches, as pointed out, prior to running the db upgrade. But being a newbie to running patches, I am not sure how to do it. So for example: For the patch 0001-Relax-not-null-constraint-on-review_round_id-in-revi.patch

I put it in the ojs top-level directory and ran

Code: Select all
patch p1 < 0001-Relax-not-null-constraint-on-review_round_id-in-revi.patch

And received the error

Hunk #1 FAILED at 58.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file p1.rej

Other patches are not files per se; bug #8343 opens to file https://github.com/pkp/ojs/commit/62c4d ... 4ee4d.diff, plain text. I do not know how to install that patch at all. (And it would appear to be relevant for me, since I got at "copyed_assignment" db error.)

Is there a Forum or help page for newbies like me for installing the patches? Thanks in advance.
Bob
rjudd

Re: Problems from 2.2.4 to 2.4.2

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:05 am

Hi Bob,

You're missing a "-" in the patch command -- that parameter should read "-p1" not just "p1". For the plain text URL, you can save that file to disk and apply it like the others.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support