OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Import error: Assertion failed in IssueFileManager

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Import error: Assertion failed in IssueFileManager

Postby kbeecher » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:57 am

Hi,

I'm attempting to import back issues into a new OJS instance. I have prepared an XML file with all the data, which I have tested successfully on two separate test servers. However, when I run the same XML on the production server, I get the following error:

Code: Select all
ojs2 has produced an error
  Message: WARNING: assert() [function.assert]: Assertion failed
  In file: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/classes/file/IssueFileManager.inc.php
  At line: 37
  Stacktrace:
   File: (unknown) line (unknown)
     Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(2, "assert() [<a href='function.assert'>function.assert</a>]: Assertion failed", "/var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/classes/file/IssueFileManager.inc.php", 37, Array(3))
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/classes/file/IssueFileManager.inc.php line 37
     Function: assert(False)
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/classes/issue/IssueDAO.inc.php line 487
     Function: IssueFileManager->IssueFileManager("34")
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/plugins/importexport/native/NativeImportDom.inc.php line 74
     Function: IssueDAO->deleteIssue(Object(Issue))
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/plugins/importexport/native/NativeImportExportPlugin.inc.php line 291
     Function: NativeImportDom->importIssues(Object(Journal), Array(6), Array(5), Array(1), Object(User), False)
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/plugins/importexport/native/NativeImportExportPlugin.inc.php line 162
     Function: NativeImportExportPlugin->handleImport(Array(2), Object(XMLNode), Array(1), Array(5), Array(0), False)
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/pages/manager/ImportExportHandler.inc.php line 42
     Function: NativeImportExportPlugin->display(Array(0), Object(Request))
   File: (unknown) line (unknown)
     Function: ImportExportHandler->importexport(Array(3), Object(Request))
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php line 370
     Function: call_user_func(Array(2), Array(3), Object(Request))
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 266
     Function: PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array(2), Object(Request), Array(3), False)
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 133
     Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 189
     Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
   File: /var/www/html/web514/html/ojs/index.php line 63
     Function: PKPApplication->execute()
  Server info:
   PHP Version: 5.3.27
   Apache Version: N/A
   DB Driver: mysql
   DB server version: 5.0.95

I'm unsure as to where to start looking for a problem. Since the XML import script has already been tested, I'm assuming there's a problem with the server setup somewhere (although there's a limit as to what I can look for, since it's on a cheap webhost).

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what might be going wrong?

Many thanks.
kbeecher

Re: Import error: Assertion failed in IssueFileManager

Postby kbeecher » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:33 am

I turned on all the debug info I could, including all SQL statements, to get more info. I've attached it the output to this post.

During the import, I notice that an issue is created in the DB with ID 28. Later, issue 28 is deleted from the database, but soon after that a query searches for issue 28. The following assertion tries to assert that an issue was found.... which isn't true because the issues was just deleted.

But I'm not an OJS developer, so I don't really know what's going on. Please help!

Thanks.
Attachments
import.txt
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
kbeecher

Re: Import error: Assertion failed in IssueFileManager

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:10 am

Hi kbeecher,

Could you try disabling assertions on your server (e.g. via PHP configuration) and trying again? If you can get past that statement, you'll find that there's an error condition; OJS is hitting some kind of problem and attempting to clean up afterward before presenting the error message.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support