You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Archives listed in sidebar

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Archives listed in sidebar

Postby aovalle » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:06 am

I've been reviewing some journals using OJS and I see they have incorporated into their design the option to view the history or the journal file as a block to the left or right. Here are a couple of examples:

Journal of Medical Internet Research
Psychological Therapy

My question is whether this plugin or modification is available for users of OJS?

Thank you!

Re: Archives listed in sidebar

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:18 am

Hi Andrés,

This is probably custom work done by the journal. I think what they've done is modify the 'navigation' block plugin to include a list of issues. It wouldn't be terribly complicated to do - you'd basically be using the IssueDAO to fetch a list of issues like the current archive page does, and then generate a list.

It probably works best for journals with shorter lists of issues, though. I'm not sure how it would look for journals with a huge archive.

Site Admin

Return to OJS Technical Support