OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to replace original file ...

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to replace original file ...

Postby soj » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:19 pm

Here I am again. We have new submission in MSWord format but have since discovered it would be more effective to use a pdf (animations). Status of the submission is unassigned. What is the best approach to replace the original file - or is this necessary at all? Perhaps we chould allow the editor to introduce the pdf version into the system when reviewers are assigned? I believe then later we can remove the Word file?

TIA so very much! soj
soj

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:45 pm

Hi Soj,

Depending on where the submission is in the editorial process, the author may be able to upload; otherwise I'd suggest that they contact the Editor directly and have the Editor upload a new Editor Version under the submission's Review page.

If you're talking about galley formats (i.e. the formats that are presented for readers to download), you'll need to delete the existing DOC galley and upload the PDF instead.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby soj » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:46 pm

The article is in the first step - it has simply been submitted. No actions by the editor have yet taken place. Thanks! soj
soj

Return to OJS Technical Support