OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

DB Error: command denied to user

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

DB Error: command denied to user

Postby nadias » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:59 am

Hi everyone,
I suddenly faced the following error instead of the very first page of the journal I manage (http://www.ckbg.org/qwerty):

DB Error: INSERT command denied to user 'Sql274349'@'62.149.141.149' for table 'sessions'

Stack Trace:

File: /web/htdocs/www.ckbg.org/home/qwerty/classes/session/SessionDAO.inc.php line 73
Function: DAO->update("INSERT INTO sessions (session_id, ip_address, user_agent, cr...", Array(7))

File: /web/htdocs/www.ckbg.org/home/qwerty/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php line 79
Function: SessionDAO->insertSession(Object(Session))

File: /web/htdocs/www.ckbg.org/home/qwerty/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php line 106
Function: SessionManager->SessionManager(Object(SessionDAO))

File: /web/htdocs/www.ckbg.org/home/qwerty/classes/security/Validation.inc.php line 283
Function: SessionManager::getManager()

File: /web/htdocs/www.ckbg.org/home/qwerty/classes/core/Request.inc.php line 707
Function: Validation::isLoggedIn()

File: /web/htdocs/www.ckbg.org/home/qwerty/includes/driver.inc.php line 98
Function: Request::isCacheable()

File: /web/htdocs/www.ckbg.org/home/qwerty/index.php line 97
Function: require("/web/htdocs/www.ckbg.org/home/qwerty/includes/driver.inc.php")

DB Error: UPDATE command denied to user 'Sql274349'@'62.149.141.149' for table 'sessions'

Stack Trace:

File: /web/htdocs/www.ckbg.org/home/qwerty/classes/session/SessionDAO.inc.php line 102
Function: DAO->update("UPDATE sessions SET user_id = ?, ip_address = ?, ...", Array(8))

File: /web/htdocs/www.ckbg.org/home/qwerty/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php line 161
Function: SessionDAO->updateSession(Object(Session))

File: (unknown) line (unknown)
Function: SessionManager->write("21e0e96fbb700452e8073a6bb2169dd7", "")

OJS version installed is 2.2.2. I am just the manager and admin from the inside of OJS; I fear it is an issue that involves all the environment "outside" OJS which I can't access and I am not skilled in. Please be very noob-level with explanations/suggestions, if there are any :wink:

Thanks a lot,

Nadia
nadias

Re: DB Error: command denied to user

Postby asmecher » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi Nadia,

This is a MySQL error message indicating that you don't have enough privileges to work on your database. Ask your administrator to use the SQL GRANT command to give you access.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nadias » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi Alec,
thanks a lot for your clear reply. I'm happy this is not an OJS matter, on one side; on the other, I do not completely understand your answer. The point is, this page appears to everyone (both logged and not) trying to access our welcome page, http://www.ckbg.org/qwerty. So while I understand it is a matter of db underlying OJS, there is no specific user that is accessing the database. Is that correct? Or is there some kind of "generic OJS user/daemon/service" which is "creating" a temporary user to access the database every time the page is loaded?

Sorry for the fanciful terminology but I'm clearly not an expert in the field :?

Thanks again

Nadia
nadias

Postby asmecher » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:15 am

Hi Nadia,

There is a single MySQL account that OJS uses to access the database. These accounts are not the same thing as e.g. OJS logins or server logins -- they're just used by OJS to access the database, regardless of who is viewing the site. There is only one such username and password for your installation of OJS. You can see these credentials in your config.inc.php configuration file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby nadias » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi Alec,
thanks again for your clear and prompt response. I'll get in touch with db admin and post an update on that.

Cheers

Nadia
nadias

Return to OJS Technical Support