OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Error on reload locale

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Error on reload locale

Postby newbies » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:35 am

Hi All,

version: 2.4.2

I tried to reload locale under site adminstration, and got a blank page with the following error message:

Code: Select all
ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for /home/jbm/registry/locales.xml In file: /home/jbm/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php At line: 598 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.23 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.70-cll

ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jbm/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:392) In file: /home/jbm/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php At line: 87 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.3.23 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 5.1.70-cll

Actually, the above message appears on every page if I turn on display_error. What is wrong with my installation and how can I fix it? Thank you for your help.
newbies

Re: Error on reload locale

Postby asmecher » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:53 am

Hi newbies,

The file registry/locales.xml is missing from your installation or has file permissions set such that OJS can't read it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby newbies » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:19 am

Hi Alec,

Thank you for replying. the file registry/locales.xml exists, and the setting for the folder is 755 and 644 for the file. Even I change them all to 777, it made no difference.

according to this instruction
Code: Select all
Localization
------------
To add support for other languages, the following sets of XML files must be
localized and placed in an appropriately named directory (using ISO locale
codes, e.g. "fr_FR", is recommended):

* locale/en_US
   * help/en_US
   * registry/locale/en_US
   * rt/en_US
   * plugins/[plugin category]/[plugin name]/locale, where applicable

en_US folder is missing in the reigstry/locale folder, so I created one. This did not help either.

Attached is a sreenshot of the language setting page.
SP32-20130804-111427.gif
SP32-20130804-111427.gif (36.63 KiB) Viewed 459 times
newbies

Postby newbies » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:33 pm

OMG, you are right. The file does not exist because the directory is wrong. I left out the www in the path. Now problem solved!
newbies

Return to OJS Technical Support