OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

"Subscription notify" and "Subscription purchase..." emails

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

"Subscription notify" and "Subscription purchase..." emails

Postby vlilloh » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:58 am

Hi,

I work with OJS 2.3.5. Subscribers don't receive the "SUBSCRIPTION NOTIFY" email and Subscription Managers don't receive the "SUBSCRIPTION PURCHASE..." email, although "Online Payment Notifications" in "Subscription Policies" are enabled. The rest of the general email delivery system works properly.

Any idea?
Thanks.
vlilloh

Re: "Subscription notify" and "Subscription purchase..." ema

Postby michael » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi Vicente,

To rule it out at the start: have you checked your spam folder to ensure that the emails aren't being filtered there?

Are you running OJS with multiple locales? If yes, which ones? Which locale did you test the emails with?

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby vlilloh » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:17 am

Hi Michael,

I checked my spam folder but emails aren't being filtering there.

I'm running OJS with Spanish and English locales. I tested with Spanish interface, but I've just tested with the English interface and no emails are received neither. These email templates contain the corresponding text in both languages.

It's very strange, because other types of emails are working fine, even the automatic emails.

Thanks,
Vicente
vlilloh

Postby michael » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi Vicente,

Thanks for the confirmation and the additional details.

For your testing are you completing a test paypal payment from start to finish? The purchased subscription is listed as 'Active' and has correct start and end dates?

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby vlilloh » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:29 am

Hi Michael,

Thank you, I think I didn't understand well when these emails are sent.

"SUBSCRIPTION NOTIFY" is only sent when "Send the user an email with their username and subscription details" is enabled and saved. Yes? In this way it has been sent.

"SUBSCRIPTION PURCHASE..." is only sent to "Subscription Manager" with "PayPal Payment"? I only tested with "Manual Payment".

"MANUAL PAYMENT NOTIFICATION" works well, but this issue is very important to be resolved! :)

Thanks!
Vicente
vlilloh

Postby michael » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi Vicente,

vlilloh wrote:"SUBSCRIPTION NOTIFY" is only sent when "Send the user an email with their username and subscription details" is enabled and saved. Yes? In this way it has been sent.

Yes, that's correct.

vlilloh wrote: "SUBSCRIPTION PURCHASE..." is only sent to "Subscription Manager" with "PayPal Payment"? I only tested with "Manual Payment".

Yes, it only works with PayPal out of the box (when an initiated online payment is fully completed). For manual payments, readers are able to send a notification email manually to notify the journal that a payment has been sent via mail.

vlilloh wrote: "MANUAL PAYMENT NOTIFICATION" works well, but this issue is very important to be resolved! :)

One workaround for the time being would be to create an email filter (based on the subject text of the email) for the primary journal contact email account and automatically forward these emails to the subscription manager email address.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Return to OJS Technical Support