OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reaching memory limit during upgrade

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: Reaching memory limit during upgrade

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi nomadit,

Hmm -- one possibility, since I see that you're using FastCGI, is that part of the thread pool has taken up the new configuration and part of it is still using a lower limit. Regardless, the error message suggests that your PHP limit is still 90M or so.

Do you have command-line access? Running the upgrade there would be a better option.

Alternately, you could ask Dreamhost to temporarily increase the memory limit to a much larger amount and then decrease it again after the upgrade is complete. (If you have access to the php.ini file, you could do that yourself -- I'm not sure whether Dreamhost permits.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Reaching memory limit during upgrade

Postby nomadit » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:23 pm

I am already using the command line.

Edit: I didn't read the post above so will follow up on that. Thanks so much again.
Edit: I have just performed a successful upgrade on a different server with a different host. So it must be Dreamhost. I hope this can help someone else in the same situation.
nomadit

Previous

Return to OJS Technical Support