OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Update to 2.4.2 changes a lot of ca_ES locale files to en_US

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Update to 2.4.2 changes a lot of ca_ES locale files to en_US

Postby aleskl » Tue May 28, 2013 2:57 am

Hello,

I just did an upgrade from 2.4.1 to 2.4.2 using a patch from the OJS download page. After the upload of patched system, I noticed that several block plugins "lost" the translation of titles, eg. ##plugins.block.information##

I've checked what might go wrong and I noticed that a lot of Catalan locale files changed the locale name from
Code: Select all
<locale name="ca_ES" full_name="Català">

to
Code: Select all
<locale name="en_US" full_name="U.S. English">

Our only language on the site is en_US, so there are probably duplicate translation entries for these plugins, resulting in error with translation. I have tried to delete ca_ES locale files for several block plugins, but the block titles were still not translated. So I suspect there also some changes in the database regarding translations.

Please check the patch file from 2.4.1 to 2.4.2, and the 2.4.2 full version download, they contain a lot of changed ca_ES/locale.xml files!

Regards,
Ales
aleskl

Re: Update to 2.4.2 changes a lot of ca_ES locale files to e

Postby asmecher » Tue May 28, 2013 7:37 am

Hi Ales,

The "name" and "full_name" attributes in locale files are purely informational -- OJS doesn't use them. Flush your cache and check your cache directory's file permissions; that's the most likely cause.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Update to 2.4.2 changes a lot of ca_ES locale files to e

Postby aleskl » Tue May 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Thank you Alec, flushing the cache did the trick. The plugin names are now all correctly dsplayed.
Regards,
Ales
aleskl

Return to OJS Technical Support