OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Archived articles

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Archived articles

Postby kennymatthew » Mon May 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Hi,

After a paper was rejected, it was sent to archive but I did not delete the article. Next day I found that the articles that were archived(5 articles) are all deleted. There are 2 other editors who can delete these articles but both said that they didn't do it. Is there anyway I can confirm this ? Is there any logs for each user ?
kennymatthew

Re: Archived articles

Postby JasonNugent » Tue May 21, 2013 4:09 am

Hi Kenny,

No, logs are associated with a submission, not a user. When a submission is actually deleted from the database, the submission event logs are also cleaned up. Can you confirm that it is indeed gone from the database by looking at the articles table?

regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby asmecher » Tue May 21, 2013 8:49 am

Hi kennymatthew,

What you can do is look through your web server logs for the URL associated with deleting a submission (it will include "deleteSubmission"). Then you can check the IP address there to see who it maps to by looking in the sessions table (the ip_address column).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby kennymatthew » Wed May 22, 2013 1:35 am

Hi Jason,

Ya i checked it deleted for sure.

Hi Alec,

Woow didnt know that. Thanks alot found out who did it :shock:

This is only possible for fixed IP right ?
kennymatthew

Postby asmecher » Wed May 22, 2013 7:47 am

Hi kennymatthew,

It's tough to follow some ISPs, especially if they use proxies or multiple people work in the same office, but dynamic IPs usually don't change often and when they do they usually stay in the same subnet.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support