OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[SOLVED] False mail notificacion "revision done" sent

Are you responsible for making OJS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OJS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

[SOLVED] False mail notificacion "revision done" sent

Postby mbria » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:17 am

Hi fellows,

Recently one of my magazines reported a wired issue.

The magazine's editor forwarded today a message with the mails OJS sends when the reviewer accepts an article, but the reviewer promises he didn't say nothing about this article yet. I visited the LOG (history) of the article and the reviewer is completely right: The article was accepted a month or so ago, but the reviewer recommendation is still undone.

Any body with similar issues? I didn't find any post about this in the forum.
Any clue about "how to fix" or at least "how to debug" the issue? As far as I don't know how the message was sent, I'm unable to reproduce it.

Sorry for the lack details... but I'm stoned.

Thanks in advance,
m.
Last edited by mbria on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mbria

Re: False mail notificacion "revision done" sent

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 am

Hi Marc,

Did you mean "stumped"? Not that there's anything wrong with "stoned" ;)

If you have the email that the user received from OJS, try checking your server's access logs from the date and time it was sent; you should be able to track it down within a few seconds to the request URL that resulted in the email being sent.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mbria » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:40 am

:D :D :D :oops:
It's a false friend... I wanted to say "frozeen" or "stumped".
Although some of my posts say the opposite, I promise you that I don't take at work. ;-)

Thanks for your indications. I will follow them.

Cheers,
m.
mbria

Postby mbria » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 am

Hi,

I always say that computer science is "a lesson in humility" (I don't know if the expression is right in English).
Computers are usually right and problems are PEBKAC ("Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair") :-D

Just in case somebody else arrives to this post, in this case the problem was me.
I made a exact replica of a production site... including cron calls. The article was reviewed in production, but not in the clone site... so reviewer get a request notification.

Thanks Alec for your help,
m.
mbria

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:42 am

Hi Marc,

I've done that before. Glad you figured it out.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Technical Support