OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can't find Open Access option

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Can't find Open Access option

Postby easterly » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi,

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to make a published title available for open access download. In the OMP documentation, under "Publication Essentials" a line says that
finally, ensure that you configure the Direct Sales Availability & Pricing section for that particular format in the Catalog Entry, where you can either set a particular format as Open Access, or optionally set a fee for purchase.

It looks like that "Direct Sales Availability & Pricing" section has disappeared in OMP version 1.0b?

Does a payment method need to be set before titles can be made available for open access download — even if the press has no plans to offer anything other than open access titles?

thanks,

Joe Easterly
easterly

Re: Can't find Open Access option

Postby thanasis » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:13 am

Hi,
After you set a publication format and configure its various settings, check the catalog tool(next to info and participants tools).A window should open with more options and settings,along with one tab for each publication format.There, for each page proof file that has been approved you can 'set terms' to open access,not downloadable or sale price.
I hope this helps.

Thanasis Kordas
University of Patras
thanasis

Postby tabber » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:42 am

Hi, can't find "Direct Sales Availability & Pricing" section in OMP version 1.0b either. It is not possible to download a PDF. I get a screen with "FORMAT METADATA" and "PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION", "SALES RIGHTS" but not "DOWNLOAD FROM PRESS WEBSITE" where i can "Set Terms" and choose "Open Access".
Attachments
omp_downloadable.jpg
omp_downloadable.jpg (18.28 KiB) Viewed 813 times
tabber

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:07 am

Hi tabber,

Have you configured your payment settings in Management > Settings > Distribution? Even if you intend to use Open Access publishing, that configuration is currently required.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby tabber » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:18 am

Hello Alec,
Thx for the quick reply. The payment settings has been configured.
Kind regards, Marion
tabber

Postby tabber » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:12 am

Hi Alec,
I have change the payment settings and saved it. Change the settings back to how it should be and it's working now (?). Thanks for the tip to look at that part.
Kind regards, Marion
tabber

Return to OMP Technical Support