OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Editor choosing don't work

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Editor choosing don't work

Postby tkarpin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:48 am

Help!!! I install OMP. But I have problem: I can not choose Editor (e.g. me or other user) for submitted manuscript, this function is blocked, therefore all other stages (review, proof) are also blocked. I try "install" patches 7921 and 7922, but all time option of Editor choosing don't work. I'm not informatic, and maybe I make something wrong. Please, can anyone write how I can "install" these patches, or maybe is other method to functional Editor choosing. Thanks, Tomek
tkarpin

Re: Editor choosing don't work

Postby tkarpin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:54 am

Thank you for reply. I have already installed OMS and System Requirements and Recommended Configuration are OK. But don't work choosing of Editors, don't work drop-down list of Editors. I try "install" patches 7921 and 7922, but all time option of Editor choosing don't work.
Please, explain me, how I must "install" patch e.g. 7922 - Author names occasionally disappear from the Spotlight form when editing, which is on the site: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7922
I think that patch 9722 should repair my problem, but it did not happen. maybe I'm doing something wrong.
On this site (http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7922) is not file e.g. "7922-oms.patch". Is patch:8979bd017eed98766e90a4c8411f51acbf8de48f.diff.
Where I must install/transfer or I don't know what, with this .diff patch???
Where I must write command:$ patch -p1 --dry-run < PATCH_FILE, about which you wrote.
Thanks,
Tomek
tkarpin

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:00 am

Hi Tomek,

Do you have users enrolled in e.g. an Editor role in Access & Security in your press setup? You'll need to do that before you can assign them to the submission via the Participants drop-down.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby tkarpin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi Alec,

Yes, I have 2 users enrolled as Press Editors, me as Press Manager and Press Editor, and one as Author. When I try add a participant (Editor of manuscript), I have situation, visualized on the attached photo "OMS Problem.jpg".
I can not change both drop-downs "User group" and "Name". These drop-downs don't work.
Today I remove OMP from server and install once again. But problem is all time.
More than 2 years I work with OJS without problems (OJS is revelation!!!), but with Open Monograph Press I have this one problem.

Regards,
Tomek Karpiński
Attachments
OMS Problem.jpg
OMS Problem.jpg (74 KiB) Viewed 3518 times
tkarpin

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi Tomek,

Could you describe exactly what you mean when you say that the dropdowns don't work? If you choose a User Group, are there simply no options under Name? Or is something else happening?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tkarpin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:00 pm

The dropdowns don't open / I can not open these both.
In "User group" I can't choose a user, because is only "Press Editor" (not Author, not Manager, or other). When I try choose "Name" dropdown, appears "This field is required" and this dropdown also does not open. And when I put "Cancel" or "OK", this window is closed, and I have no result.
tkarpin

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi Tomek,

What browser are you using, and could you try it with another?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tkarpin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi Alec,

You are GREAT!!!
I normally use Google Chrome. After your reply I use Internet Explorer, and .... everything works!!!.
The only thing, I will have to use IE, although I got used to Google Chrome. Maybe for some time OMP will work on Google Chrome without problems? I hope.
I am very grateful to you.

SIncerely,
Tomek
tkarpin

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi Tomek,

Thanks, and glad to hear we're tracking it down. Some of our developers use Google Chrome, so it's possible that either we overlooked that function in our testing, or your specific version of chrome is having a problem. What version of Chrome are you using? (I assume you're on Windows, since you're also running IE.)

I've filed this bug in our system at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7950.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby tkarpin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi Alec,

I work on the Windows with Google Chrome version 22. Sometimes I sit in front of Ubuntu, but my job forces the use of the software on Windows :-(
I am glad that thanks to my problem, I "contribute" a little bit to the improvement of OMP :-)
Thank you again for your help.

Regards,
Tomek Karpiński
tkarpin

Postby easterly » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to add to this request for Chrome support. I use Safari and Chrome on a Mac, so webkit browser support is a must.

thanks,

Joe Easterly
easterly

Postby asmecher » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 am

Hi Joe,

Could you follow up by posting your browser version information in the bug entry linked above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby vlilloh » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:13 am

Exactly same issue for me in the OMP Test Installation

http://omp.sfu.ca/testdrive/index.php/rehabilitation
PC - Windows XP - Firefox
Works fine

PC - Windows XP - Chrome
Doesn't work

Mac - OS X Mountain Lion - All browsers
Doesn't work

When it doesn't work I have to play with the 'tab' and 'cursor' keys to I can choose.

Cheers.
vlilloh

Return to OMP Technical Support