OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Contributors list

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Contributors list

Postby carola » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:28 am

Hi,

I can add a contributor in management -> catalog -> entry -> monograph -> add contributor. But I cannot select people already registered.

People I add to the contributors list appear in the database (authors, author_settings), how can I make sure that people registered don't appear twice in the database?

best,
Carola
carola

Re: Contributors list

Postby asmecher » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:34 am

Hi Carola,

That's correct -- authors and users are different concepts. When you use your user account to submit a monograph, a first author for it is automatically pre-populated using your account. You can add additional authors to it, but that won't create user accounts for those individuals. It's possible to involve additional users by bringing them in using the Participants drop-down on the right-hand side of the Editor's workflow pages.

This was done for many reasons, but mostly because we didn't want user profile changes (name changes etc.) to affect already-published content.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby carola » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:48 am

Hi again,

when I go to management -> catalog -> entry -> monograph I cannot edit the items in the list of contributors (pencil-symbol to the left is missing). When I first wanted to post that issue here, the pencil-symbols suddenly appeared, but now it's gone again, I didn't do anything special. We have this problem in our online-version as well. We cannot delete contributors from the list and we cannot change their bio-statement. Do you have an idea what causes that strange behavior?

best,
Carola
carola

Postby asmecher » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:42 am

Hi Carola,

Is your user assigned (using the Participants drop-down) to the submission, e.g. as Editor? Once a submission has been completed (by the author), only users assigned in the manager, series editor, or assistant (e.g. Copyeditor) categories can edit the author list.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby carola » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:28 am

Hi Alec,

thank you!

I guess I must have been logged in as the Press Editor when I could edit the list. Now I was logged in as Admin and Press Manager and was only assigned to the submission as an author. Now that I am back to Press Editor it works!

best,
CArola
carola

Return to OMP Technical Support