OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Pdf missing in the inlinePdf (iFrame)

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Pdf missing in the inlinePdf (iFrame)

Postby nef » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:36 am

Hi
Only in Internet Explorer I get the inlinePdf. In Firefox and Google Chrome only the 'Download this PDF file' works. How do I fix that?
Neither am I sure if the two links 'Fullscreen' 'Fullscreen Off' are working correctly.
Regards
Niels Erik

IE
iFrame1.gif
Internet Explorer
iFrame1.gif (13.09 KiB) Viewed 1575 times

Firefox
iFrame2.gif
Firefox
iFrame2.gif (10.59 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
nef

Re: Pdf missing in the inlinePdf (iFrame)

Postby asmecher » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:10 am

Hi Niels Erik,

It looks to me like a Javascript error might be causing problems. Can you check your JS console to see if there's a message there? If it's a public site, could you send me the URL?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby Radek » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:16 am

Hi Alec,

any progress about this topic? We're gona use OMP 1.1 for our university press and I have the same problem on my local server (PHP 5.5.12). I can't see PDF in inlinePDF viewer - using chrome and firefox. Firebug shows no error at all. I'm using OJS 2.4.4.1 too, and there's no problem with PDF viewer.

Thank you
Regards,
Radek
Radek

Postby asmecher » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:43 am

Hi Radek,

Can you share a URL with me?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Radek » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:55 am

Hi Alec,

thanks for your answer. This is the link: https://omp.ics.muni.cz/index.php/munip ... ew/1/1/3-1 it's just test site without certificate for now, but with all recommended patches for OMP 1.1. On the link you can see now PDF is shown. In PM I'll send you a login with manager role.

Thank you for your help
Regards
Radek
Radek

Postby asmecher » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:52 am

Hi Radek,

At a glance, everything looks OK to me, but I don't see the PDF displaying either. Can you temporarily try enabling access via plain old HTTP rather than the HTTPS you've currently got configured? I wonder if the Javascript request to fetch the PDF is unable to cope with either HTTPS or (more likely) the temporary certificate.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Radek » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi Alec,

problem is, that it doesn't work on my local server (wamp) either, and it has set access via HTTP. I'll try ask our ICT for enabling access via HTTP for more testing.

Edit: So we changed protocol to unsecure HTTP, but problem with PDF is stil there. I actually made a pure fresh installation from git release omp-1_1_0-0 on my local server and PDFs still doesn't display. :(

Thank you very much for your help
Regards
Radek
Radek

Postby asmecher » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:30 am

Hi Radek,

OK, we're narrowing it down. Is there an external URL that's available via http? If so, could you PM it to me?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby asmecher » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:13 am

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience! I've tracked this down to the PDF embedding javascript dying silently when PDFs are sent by OMP with a content-disposition header describing it as an attachment (this is useful for file downloads). I've made a change to the PDF embedding plugin and surrounding code to exclude the header when the PDF is being embedded.

See https://github.com/pkp/omp/pull/25 for a pull request (should be merged in shortly) and https://github.com/pkp/omp/pull/25.diff for a patch you can try applying to your installation.

Please let me know how this works! I've tested it locally.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Radek » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Hi Alec,

thank you for your time. Yes, this patch works, but plugin still doesn't work properly. Now you can see the embeded PDF file, but in firefox the inline window is really small and the resizer doesn't work at all, the fullscreen link doesn't work too. In chrome it looks normally, but when you use resizer the inlinePDF doesn't change its size properly and it hide links for download and fullscreen (this link doesn't work in chrome too).

Could you test it once more please?

Thank you
Regards
Radek
Radek

Postby asmecher » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi Radek,

We're making progress. The PDF rendering issue is solved; the rest can be fixed by improving the styling. I've opened a second issue for this:
https://github.com/pkp/omp/pull/27 (patch)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Radek » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:19 am

Hi Alec,

yes nice work :) , now it looks fine in FireFox and the fullscreen link works properly, but in chrome (and safari) it's not so great, The resize area is fine but the inlinePDF is longer.

Thank you
Regards
Radek
Radek

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:12 am

Hi Radek,

Unfortunately I can't run Safari on my system, but I've passed this along to the team to see if someone can take a look.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Radek » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:15 pm

Hi Alec,

ok, but it's the same in chrome. Safari is not so important, but Chrome is.

Thank you for for time working on it
Regards
Radek
Radek

Postby Radek » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:30 am

Hi Alec,

I found where the problem was. The pdf object has fix height 800px (in display.tpl), so I changed it to percentual value 99% and it works good now.

Thank you very much for your help (could you help me with the report generator in other topic please?)
Regards
Radek
Radek

Return to OMP Technical Support