OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Cannot assign proofreaders

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Cannot assign proofreaders

Postby stefan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:40 am

Hi,

I have entered users with the role proofreader:

But I cannot assign them to the files. The names are not found:

The assign dialogue claims that there are "no matches".

What can I do?

Thanks

Stefan
stefan

Re: Cannot assign proofreaders

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi Stefan,

Would it be possible for you to share a DB dump with me? Feel free to anonymize it as you like; just let me know who you're logged in as, what submission ID you're looking at, and what user you expect to see but don't.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Cannot assign proofreaders

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi Stefan,

I had a look at the DB dump, and I suspect you're missing a (less than clear) step in the workflow:

First you need to assign users to the submission via the Participants drop-down in the top right corner. Once that's done, you'll be able to assign a user to a specific file under the "Page Proofs" area.

I suspect this will lead to an obvious "why is it like that" -- the quick answer is that it needs work to simplify and clarify the assignment. But this will get you going.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Technical Support