OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Series editors cannot edit series description

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Series editors cannot edit series description

Postby stefan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:49 am

Hi,

I asked a series editor to modify the description of their series (which I installed). The series editor is assigned to this series and can see it under /manageCatalog but there is no "Manage Series" button as in my view.

See screenshot.

Bildschirmfoto 2013-12-04 um 19.46.32.png
Bildschirmfoto 2013-12-04 um 19.46.32.png (198.74 KiB) Viewed 785 times

Is there a way to edit the blurb for the series editors?

Best wishes

Stefan
stefan

Re: Series editors cannot edit series description

Postby asmecher » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi Stefan,

This is by design; generally we consider Series to be part of the setup of the Press and thus permitted only to Managers, not to Series Editors.

Is this something you expect Series Editors to want to do once a press is into production? Could you describe your environment a little?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby stefan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:55 am

Hi,

Our series descriptions contain editorial boards (http://langsci-press.org). These boards may change over time (and they are incomplete in the beginning). If series editors cannot access them, the press managers have to do this. This does not fit our decentral model in which the editors do as much work as possible.

Maybe one can turn accessability for series editors into an option.

Thanks

Stefan
stefan

Postby asmecher » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:05 am

Hi Stefan,

I've filed this at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8512. It's unscheduled so it's a relatively low priority at the moment, but particularly if other users encounter the same issue, it'll work its way up the list.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Technical Support