OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can't Login to the Admin Page

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Can't Login to the Admin Page

Postby wiesel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:16 am

Hallo,
i start to install OMP.

I use SLES 11 SP3, PHP 5.4.20, MySQL 5.5.33, Postgres 9.1.9 and Apache 2.2.12.

UPDATE with Postgresql Solution: I found the correct pg_hba.conf configuration.
Now it's possible to install OMP with Postgresql, but after the Installation i got on the front page this message:

DB Error: FEHLER: Wert zu lang für Typ character varying(40)
Translation: DB Error: ERROR: value too long for type character varying (40)

If i install OMP with Mysql it works.

After the installation process i get the log in prompt.

I enter my credentials and get the log in prompt again without error message on the website.
If i write wrong credentials in the prompt i get an error message (wrong username/password).

If i look in the apache error.log i see this message after login.

[Thu Nov 14 11:55:29 2013] [error] [client [IP]] omp has produced an error\n Message: WARNING: Unknown: Failed to write session data (user). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5)
\n In file: Unknown\n At line: 0\n Stacktrace: \n Server info:\n OS: Linux\n PHP Version: 5.4.20\n Apache Version: Apache/2.2.12 (Linux/SUSE)\n DB Driver: mysql\n DB server version: 5.5.33, referer: http://test-webseite.com/index.php/index/login

/var/lib/php5 is existing.

What can i do to solve this problem.

Best regards
Wiesel
wiesel

Re: Can't Login to the Admin Page

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:08 am

Hi Wiesel,

If you're using a session hash function that results in a longer hash than 40 characters, the session ID will not be long enough to store it. You can safely alter the sessions table to extend the session_id column beyond 40 characters, depending on your PHP hash function configuration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Technical Support