OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Bio missing "No biography available at this time."

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Bio missing "No biography available at this time."

Postby stefan » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:47 am

Hi,

I did a test run with a book with me as the author. I entered something in the Bio field of my profile, but it does not appear in the catalogue. Instead it says: No biography available at this time.

Did I miss a switch?

Thanks!

Best

Stefan
stefan

Re: Bio missing "No biography available at this time."

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi Stefan,

User accounts and author accounts are different things; I suspect you edited your user's biography but not the author's biography. These are kept separate so that a change in user profile, i.e. affiliation or biography, won't alter already-published content. Edit the author information in the submission's metadata.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby stefan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks!

This works now, but I noticed a problem while viewing it. There seems to be a problem with the CSS, since the text at the right margin is not visible/truncated.

http://langsci-press.org/catalog/book/14

Both the Bio and the blurb is affected.

Best

Stefan
stefan

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi Stefan,

Try patching http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8227.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby GidgetDigit » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:57 am

I'm also having this issue, but I can't seem to understand this explanation, nor find anywhere in the submission's metadata the location to insert the "About the Author" blurb for the book. (I did add the bio in the user's page --albeit after generating the catalog entry -- but still, that does not appear.) Could you explain to me again exactly how to add author's biography to the book's synopsis page, please?
Thanks!
best,
pj
asmecher wrote:
User accounts and author accounts are different things; I suspect you edited your user's biography but not the author's biography. These are kept separate so that a change in user profile, i.e. affiliation or biography, won't alter already-published content. Edit the author information in the submission's metadata.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
GidgetDigit

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:19 am

Hi GidgetDigit,

users and authors are treated as different database entities within OMP. We have a user_settings table and an author_settings table for metadata associated with each of those things. For authors, you'd need to find the author for the submission id you're editing and insert the necessary record in author_settings, localized, for the biography setting_name. Note that you may have to create this record if it does not exist.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OMP Technical Support