OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Adding an additional administrator to OMP

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

Adding an additional administrator to OMP

Postby rootl » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:58 am

I would like to add a second administrator to OMP.

I found information about doing this for OJS and OCS here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2899&p=10289&hilit=site+admin#p10289

But I know the table structure for OMP is different. Looking at the database and schema, it appears that I would need to add a row to the "user_groups table" with these fields: user_group_id, context_id, role_id, path(admin), is_default.

Please let me know what is needed to do this. Thanks.
rootl

Re: Adding an additional administrator to OMP

Postby JasonNugent » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:09 am

Hi rootl,

Actually, what you'd need to do is add an entry to user_user_groups. That's the table that maps user groups to users. There are only two columns -- the user_group_id, which will be '1' for the admin group, and the user_id of the user.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby rootl » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:20 pm

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. This works great!
rootl

Postby mwood » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 pm

I'd like to suggest adding some UI to encapsulate this. It seems to me not at all abnormal for an organization to want multiple admin.s.
mwood

Postby rootl » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 am

mwood wrote:I'd like to suggest adding some UI to encapsulate this. It seems to me not at all abnormal for an organization to want multiple admin.s.

I agree completely. Most content management systems, bulletin boards, and LMS have this functionality built into the back end GUI.
rootl

Postby asmecher » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 am

Hi all,

I've filed this request at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8202 (against OJS, but it will also be ported to OMP when implemented). We've never viewed the Administrator role as a "regular use" role -- typically it's only used when doing something major, like installing the system or creating/removing a press -- which is why we haven't supported the creation of additional administrators before.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OMP Technical Support