OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

missing or invalid genre while uploading proof

Are you responsible for making OMP work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, asmecher

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OMP:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OMP Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OMP Development subforum.

missing or invalid genre while uploading proof

Postby thanasis » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:00 am

Hi everyone,

I get this error message: "Missing or invalid genre" ,while i am trying to upload a page proof(production stage).It happens mostly with bigger files(larger than ~20MB).The max upload size of apache and omp has been changed to 200MB.I found at bugzilla this bug http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7890 ,but i am not sure if it is related to my problem.For smaller files the uploader works fine.
Any suggestions or ideas on the issue?Should i apply the patch for the bug i found?

Thanks in advance,

Thanasis Kordas
University of Patras
thanasis

Re: missing or invalid genre while uploading proof

Postby JasonNugent » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:51 am

Hi Thanasis,

When you changed the max_upload_size for files in PHP did you also change the max post size variable as well? They both need to be larger than your file size (since file uploads use POST). This is probably an obvious question, but you restarted Apache after making this change, correct?

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Re: missing or invalid genre while uploading proof

Postby thanasis » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:48 am

Hi everyone,

I haven't changed the max post size variable.That was indeed the problem.After making the adjustments and restarting the server the problem was solved.Thanks for your help Jason.

Regards,
Thanasis Kordas
University of Patras
thanasis

Return to OMP Technical Support