OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Re-set OAI harvester specs

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Re-set OAI harvester specs

Postby danscott » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:44 am

Hi there

I am trying to upload content to OCLC WorldCat. The files have gone on okay but in the wrong sections. The explanation I have received is this:
"If your server is configured to send community-level setSpecs in the OAI configuration, and the OAI harvester (Digital Collection Gateway) receives these setSpecs before it recieves the collection-level setSpecs for your server, then the Digital Collection Gateway will configure the resulting records in WorldCat to be associated with the community-level setSpec rather than the collection-level setSpec. The reverse is also true; if the collection-level setSpec is received before the community-level setSpec, then the WorldCat records will be associated with the collections rather than your server's community.

The solution for this is to reconfigure your OAI harvester so that the OAI data uses the collection-level setSpecs for your data. Once this is done and your server is re-syncronized with WorldCat via DCG, the resulting records in WorldCat should be associated with the correct digital collections when viewed in WorldCat."

Can anybody advise on how to do this? If so, please can you email me at dan.scott@socialsciencesdirectory.com.

Many thanks
DAN
danscott

Re: Re-set OAI harvester specs

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:06 am

Hi Dan,

Can you confirm that you're using Open Harvester Systems? It's not clear from your message that you are.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby danscott » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:30 am

Hi Alec

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I'm not sure. Forgive me - I'm not an IT person but I'm doing all this stuff myself so I need some hand holding. If you can tell me whereabouts within the OJS set up to look, I will tell you.

Cheers
DAN
danscott

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:46 am

Hi Dan,

OK, it sounds like you're using OJS, not OHS; OHS is a different application entirely. I'd suggest re-posting your question in one of the OJS forums.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development