OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Add Field Names to DC to Fill In ##

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Add Field Names to DC to Fill In ##

Postby pennington » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:49 am

I'm sure this is an easy question, but I couldn't find an answer in a quick skimming of the Admin or Technical guides.

We are running 2.3.0.0 and seeing fields like this ##plugins.schemas.dc.fields.provenance.name## rather than just the field name Provenance in DC records, as well as other fields outside the core 15 DC fields. Is there a way to add this to the field list so that the end user sees "Provenance" rather than "##plugins.schemas.dc.fields.provenance.name##"?

Thanks.

Stacy
pennington

Re: Add Field Names to DC to Fill In ##

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Hi Stacy,

You can add any untranslated keys to the locale file they should belong to. There are locale files in the /locale/ directory (eg. all English locale files are kept in /locale/en_US/); and each plugin can have it's own set of locale files (eg. /plugins/schemas/dc/locale/en_US/locale.xml). In this case, you want to add the new locale keys to the latter -- so you would want to add something like

Code: Select all
<message key="plugins.schemas.dc.fields.provenance.name">Provenance</message>

to /plugins/schemas/dc/locale/en_US/locale.xml.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Add Field Names to DC to Fill In ##

Postby pennington » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks! That worked perfectly.

I appreciate the help!

Stacy
pennington

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development