OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[Installation] Database error

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

[Installation] Database error

Postby Aubrey » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:00 am

Good morning,
I'm a digital library student and I'm tryong to install the Harvester 2.3.0.
After filling in the installation form, it gives me this error:
Code: Select all
A database error has occurred: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'harvester2'

I tried to create the '' user in MySQL, but it doesn't allow me. Nevertheless I created the 'harvester2' user.
It seems to me is kind of a bug or something, I'm checking all the configuration files and I don't see any "Username" parameters blank...

Thank you very much for your attention

Aubrey
Aubrey

Re: [Installation] Database error

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi Aubrey,

When you tried to install the first time, did you leave the database username blank? I would recommend, as a first step, to ensure that you have ready to go on your server: a MySQL database created; a MySQL user associated with that database, with sufficient permissions to create and write to tables etc.; and that you know that user's password. You'll need those three things when you complete the install. None of those can be blank/non-values. If you have already created a database, make sure that during install you UNcheck "Create new database".

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development