You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[Installation] Database error

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

[Installation] Database error

Postby Aubrey » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:00 am

Good morning,
I'm a digital library student and I'm tryong to install the Harvester 2.3.0.
After filling in the installation form, it gives me this error:
Code: Select all
A database error has occurred: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'harvester2'

I tried to create the '' user in MySQL, but it doesn't allow me. Nevertheless I created the 'harvester2' user.
It seems to me is kind of a bug or something, I'm checking all the configuration files and I don't see any "Username" parameters blank...

Thank you very much for your attention

Re: [Installation] Database error

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi Aubrey,

When you tried to install the first time, did you leave the database username blank? I would recommend, as a first step, to ensure that you have ready to go on your server: a MySQL database created; a MySQL user associated with that database, with sufficient permissions to create and write to tables etc.; and that you know that user's password. You'll need those three things when you complete the install. None of those can be blank/non-values. If you have already created a database, make sure that during install you UNcheck "Create new database".

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development