OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

MARC export

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

MARC export

Postby forsman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:22 am

I have looked but not found any information on export possibilities. Is there a plugin or someone who has tried to export records in Harvester2 to MARC format for import into another system?
forsman

Re: MARC export

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:59 am

Hi forsman,

The beta release (and forthcoming 2.3 release) will allow for redistribution of content via OAI Data Provider support (i.e. data can be harvested from the Harvester via OAI); it can provide data in its native format, and there is currently code in place to additionally allow conversions from MARC and MODS to DC using XSL stylesheets. Adding support to convert from other formats to MARC would require some coding (but not a lot). You'd have to find a good stylesheet to perform the conversion.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: MARC export

Postby forsman » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:25 am

Asmecher, thank you for the fast response.
I will do a fresh install of the beta release and have a look. Thank you!
forsman

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development