OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

work flow diagram harvester

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

work flow diagram harvester

Postby andy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:20 am

hi, all.

I have use PKP harvester and read the technical reference, but i'm still confusing about the work flow from this harvester.
there is too many folder and class in this harvester.
can i have any flow work diagram for:
1. how to request metadata from data provider in PKP harvester
2. how to display user interface and smarty templates to user
3. site map for database pkp harvester

i'm very hope someone can send me e-mail to vvinglie@yahoo.com about this flow diagram
thx from me

Andy
andy

Re: work flow diagram harvester

Postby asmecher » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:31 am

Hi Andy,

1. To harvest a data source, log in as administrator, find the archive you want to harvest under the Archives link, and Manage the archive. There is a tool on the Manage page to harvest data from the archive. Alternately, if you'd rather use a command-line tool, try running:
Code: Select all
php tools/harvest.php

2. Could you be more specific about what you're trying to do with Smarty templates?

3. The Technical Reference is the best resource for this. If you've got specific questions about the database structure, let me know and I'll post an answer here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby andy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:49 am

Dear Alec,

thanks for the information.

honestly, when i read The Technical Reference is lack of picture and diagram that describe how this harvester running.
what i mean is if you have any of picture and diagram workflow when this harvester project was created, can i have please.
any picture or diagram of tabel connection in harvester2 database, and class connection in harvester2 folder.

i don't think anyone can create a huge project like this harvester2 without a diagram workflow. this workflow is needed for study or expand this harvester2

best regards,

andy
andy

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:09 pm

Hi Andy,

The best resource for database design is the "Database Design" section of the Technical Reference, including a partial diagram describing metadata storage; we don't have a full diagram. Have a look at the database descriptor in dbscripts/xml/harvester2_schema.xml for some additional information. We've been very consistent with table and column naming conventions, so there shouldn't be any surprises with respect to foreign keys. However, I'll make a note of your request for a full diagram.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby rinkusahu » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:46 am

hi all,
In ohs installation
i am quite confused about
do
i need to create every table by myself
within the database
or
there is any other way to do this

my database name is harvester4
rinkusahu

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:02 am

Hi rinkusahu,

Please don't double-post; I've followed up on your post at http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8938&p=42274#p42274.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development