OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Error after Installation

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Error after Installation

Postby stefan.lorenzkowski » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:01 pm

I installed harvester while looking for a good document management system for our office. I am running XAMPP 1.6.0a with MySQL, Apache and PHP 4 on a WIN XP machine. After installing I received a funny looking page that started like this

Warning: opendir(plugins/postprocessors) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Invalid argument in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 73

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 74

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 88

Warning: opendir(plugins/postprocessors) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Invalid argument in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 73

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 74

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php on line 88

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\plugins\PluginRegistry.inc.php:73) in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\har\classes\template\TemplateManager.inc.php on line 127

At the bottom the page is displayed normally and I could browse normally. Beside this I always get the message that my system is out of ressources (this is xampp problem).

Does anyone know what the problem is? I am a pragmatic computer user with a little knowledge of how the thing works but this I could not figure out.
stefan.lorenzkowski

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:32 pm

Hi Stefan,

Some archive utilities (e.g. Winzip) don't create empty directories by default, even though they exist in the archive. Try creating an empty subdirectory in plugins called "postprocessors"; that might clear up the error messages.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Postby stefan.lorenzkowski » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:22 am

That was the solution. Thanks for the advice!

Regards,

Stefan
stefan.lorenzkowski

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development