OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem : Unknown indexing method

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

Problem : Unknown indexing method

Postby sklima » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:49 am

Hi,

I installed the last version of PKP Open Archives Harvester (2.0.1). The installation was succesful.

I add an archive and save it, the navigator downloads an empty file named by "updateArchive...". There are no erros, but is it normal?

Then, when i tried to update Metadata index from archive, i obtained the error (Fatal error : Allowed memory size ... Unknown indexing method). So i increase the PHP memory limit. I set this properties to 64M. I tried again the update of index, and i obtain always "Unknown indexing method" without this time the fatal error, but there are still not records in archive.

Has someone an idea on my problem?

Thanks in advance.
sklima

Postby asmecher » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:29 am

Hi sklima,

It looks like the indexing method setting for the OAI repository (i.e. listrecords vs. listidentifiers) is not set. In the admin interface, edit and save the archive; this should correct the problem. It may have been caused by the out-of-memory error you mentioned earlier.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
---
Don't miss the First International PKP Scholarly Publishing Conference
July 11 - 13, 2007, Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://ocs.sfu.ca/pkp2007/
asmecher

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development