OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

how to install smarty patch

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

how to install smarty patch

Postby bart » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:57 am

Hello,

I've run in to the same problem using harvester2 on a server(Solaris) with php 5.1.4 concerning the number of items displayed on a page. Exactly one that is. I've tried to install the patch from the basedir of the harvester using: patch -up0 < smartypatch , where smartypatch is the patchfile retrieved from bugzilla.

I keep getting:
Looks lik a unified context diff.
File to patch:
No file found -- skip this patch? [no] y
Skipping patch...

and so on

Due to closed off ports I am not able to use the CVS, even getting the patchfile was a bit hard, having to use a computer on another network etc.

Is it possible to explain the correct patch command to apply the patch in a soothing blissful way?

many many thanks in advance
bart

Postby asmecher » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:42 am

Hi Bart,

The patch tool that ships with Solaris doesn't seem to be compatible with the patch format that everyone else in the known universe uses. Try downloading the GNU patch tool and compiling it for Solaris; it should be available at http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/sparc/html/GNUpatch.2.5.4.html.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby bart » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:32 am

Thanks for the swift reply,

I guess you're right, when applying the patch to a local copy on my mac the procedure was indeed more graceful, except for the absence of the diffs..

It may be a workaround for me to copy my local copy onto the server.
bart

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development