OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

several records from differents archive with same identifier

Open Harvester Systems support questions and answers, bug reports, and development issues.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome.

several records from differents archive with same identifier

Postby singhkarki » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:31 pm

hello Sir,
whenever i harvest , i get lesser records.I have multiple archives.Also, after harvest is complete ,the record count is 0.
I have figured out, it may be due to different archives sharing the same identifier?

Also as per the pkp documentation ,there are entry_attributes and entries table in ohs database , but in my ohs installation these tables are not there.
And, please tell me the record_id field in records table.

please tell me more about this thing :
different archives that share the same identifier?
I have some confusion over this thing.

thanks.
singhkarki

Re: several records from differents archive with same identi

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:10 am

Hello singhkarki,

You are correct that if several repositories report the same identifiers the Harvester will not correctly keep the records separate. The repositories you're harvesting must supply unique identifiers; this is part of the OAI spec.

The documentation that describes how records are stored is a little out of date; the relevant data is in the records table. Depending on what plugins are enabled, it may also be indexed in other tables.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to Open Harvester Systems Support and Development