A discussion forum operated by the PKP European Network, SPARC Europe, and PKP.
Moderators: kstranac, inge
Welcome to the PKP European Network forum for Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, UK, Scotland & Ireland.
This forum is intended as a community building tool to share ideas amongst PKP users in the region. Postings here might include suggestions for joint funding proposals, opportunities for collaborative software development, sharing experiences, etc.
If you are looking for technical support, please refer to the main PKP
forums for each software application.
A warm welcome to all OJS users in the Northern countries: Belgium, Holland, the UK, Scotland, Ireland and Luxembourg!
My name is Inge Werner. I work as a publishing consultant for Igitur publishing in the University Library of Utrecht (Holland). At this moment we help 17 editorial boards publish their journals, mostly in OJS, and we got some more to appear this year. I am also the moderator of this corner at the PKP forum.
Please let us know if you have any user wishes or other ideas to improve academic publishing in OJS!
Best wishes, Inge
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:41 pm
My name is Sue Walton. I am an independent consultant andI have recently started using OJS for a new online journal of e-assessment that is being published by Cambridge Assessment in the UK. It took me a little while to get used to the software but I have generally found it easy to use and the user guide was very helpful. I am currently set up for all user roles except systems administrator. While setting up the journal and also sorting the first issue I came across a few things that I thought worth feeding back:
1. In the 'About the Journal' section it would be useful to be able to add some text above the menus. It would also be useful to be able to re-order the menu sections and also the subsections within them - at present you can only add subsections to 'About the Journal'.
2. When using the centre panel as e.g. journal manager or editor you need to use the smallest font size option for the display otherwise not everything is visible. This is not obvious and I couldn't find reference to it anywhere in the user guide. I only worked it out when I was trying to access the second and third pages of the 'prepared emails' and couldn't see any way of doing it - when I selected the smallest font size icon access to pages 2 and 3 of the 'prepared emails' appeared and also the option to reset the emails (previously I could only see the edit option and part of the disable option). I am working on a laptop with a 13" screen so it is not down to that. Interestingly what was visible was greater using Mozilla Firefox than it was with IE8 - with the latter I can only see the edit option using the medium-sized font.
3. If you are editing prepared emails and then save changes the software takes you back to page 1 irrespective of where you were in the list - not a disaster, but a bit irritating!
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:04 am
Return to Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, UK, Scotland & Ireland
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest