OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS doesn't send emails

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

OCS doesn't send emails

Postby mbernal » Sun May 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi,

OCS is working fine. However, can't send emails to the participants.
It looks like it send the emails to no where.

It is critical, since I need to send invitations to the reviewers.

I found some information about editing the config.in.php or config.inc.php, but it is not clear for me what I should do.

Any help on this is welcome
mbernal

Re: OCS doesn't send emails

Postby JasonNugent » Mon May 13, 2013 4:33 am

Hi mbernal,

I would recommend asking your systems administrator to look at the logs that the mail server on your OCS host is generating. Usually there is a error message stored when a server is unable to send mail. Knowing what the problem is would be useful.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Postby Avinder » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:15 am

Hi Jason I'm having a similar problem and I have looked through my logs but can't find any error messages.
Avinder

Postby JasonNugent » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:44 am

Hi Avinder,

Your server's outgoing mail log (probably in /var/log) would have a record of the transaction between your server and the other mail server, or the relay your server uses. Mail servers log pretty much everything, even successful deliveries. If mail is going through, but being rejected, it may be because of anti spam measures, or header problems. We've done a lot of work on the mail component in Open Journal Systems recently, maybe some of those improvements are relevant to OCS. Let me know what you find.

Regards,
jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Return to OCS Technical Support