OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

System do not send emails automatically

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

System do not send emails automatically

Postby chahor » Fri May 10, 2013 7:25 am

I have problem because system do not send emails automatically.
For example, when i create new account i do not recieve any information about created account.
Please help me,
Regards
Chahor
OCS 2.3.5.0 (February 4, 2013 - 02:51 PM)
chahor

Re: System do not send emails automatically

Postby asmecher » Fri May 10, 2013 8:20 am

Hi Chahor,

Depending on your server configuration, you many need to configure SMTP. See config.inc.php for the SMTP-related configuration options.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby chahor » Fri May 10, 2013 12:19 pm

Thank you Alec,
could you explain me, how it is possible that when i manualy send emails everything is ok, but when emails are send automatically it doesnt work.
I checked this file, and there is only one place where emails server can be set.
Regards
Chahor
chahor

Postby asmecher » Fri May 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi Chahor,

In that case, your emails may be getting trapped by a spam filter. This is tricky to debug if you're not receiving anything at all -- some hosts provide SMTP logs to help determine why emails were rejected if that's the case.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support