OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem with the Submission Ack message

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Problem with the Submission Ack message

Postby saidou » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Hello,
I recently upgraded to OCS 2.3.5.0, and started a new conference "META'13. I noticed that the Submission acknowledgement message (received by the authors) is empty (there is only the conference signature) and the subject of the message is always "[META'13] Array". Thank you for your Help.
Said
saidou

Re: Problem with the Submission Ack message

Postby saidou » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:20 am

Hi,
I found a similar behavior here http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7763. I tried the proposed solution but I still have the same problem...
Thanks,
Said
saidou

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:06 am

Hi Said,

Were you able to apply the patch successfully?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby aovalle » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Hello,

We currently have OCS installed with version 2.3.5.0

We had a similar problem and so we continue the thread opened a few months ago: to register an item the system sends a confirmation email to the author, but the confirmation comes with the subject "Array" and without content.

Some tests have failed to detect this error does not come out if the configuration option is disabled so that the author can type keywords in shipment. However, we require at our facility have enabled keyword.

We have reviewed the patch information indicated however we could not apply because we do not understand the instructions.

Do any of you have had a similar problem and know how to solve it?

Thanks!
aovalle

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi aovalle,

Could you try the patch attached to http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8119 and report back on your success?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby aovalle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Thank you very much. It worked perfectly! :D

Andrés
aovalle

Postby asmecher » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi Andrés,