OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Logout not working quite right.

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Logout not working quite right.

Postby Jim » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:28 pm

asmecher wrote:Hi Jim,

Hmm, I'm out of darts to throw. Let's start working through this methodically. Can you PM me a URL with some test credentials? I'll see what the cookies are/aren't doing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Alec thanks, I'll get that to you on Monday.
Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:24 am

Hmm, I'm out of darts to throw. Let's start working through this methodically. Can you PM me a URL with some test credentials? I'll see what the cookies are/aren't doing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Alec,

I sent you the pm let me know if don't receive it.

Thanks Jim
Jim

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Jim,

Can you check to see if session.auto_start is turned on in your php configuration? Quickest place to check is the output of the phpinfo() function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 am

Can you check to see if session.auto_start is turned on in your php configuration? Quickest place to check is the output of the phpinfo() function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

A bit confusing for me. I'm not sure if it's on or off.

In the GUI I see
Directive Local Value Master Value
session.auto_start On Off

In the /etc/apache2/php.ini file I see.

; Initialize session on request startup.
session.auto_start = 0
Jim

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Jim,

Gotcha, I'm fairly sure that's our problem. If the local setting is "On", then it's likely that there's an override e.g. in a .htaccess file somewhere that's taking effect.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Gotcha, I'm fairly sure that's our problem. If the local setting is "On", then it's likely that there's an override e.g. in a .htaccess file somewhere that's taking effect.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

So again a little confusing. Isn't the GUI output just a nice view of the php.ini file? I mean they are one and the same right?

And I'll PM you the .htaccess file. Nothing special there just a couple of allow and deny statements. I'm surfing the web and have found threads about the httpd.conf or .htaccess or other configuration files overwriting values in the php.ini file. I've been digging through those config files. I'm not finding any statements like the one mentioned here at www.webmasterworld.com/forum88/235.htm.

<lfModule_mod_php4.c>
php_value session.auto_start 0
<lfModule>
Jim

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Jim,

The master value is essentially a look at the php.ini file; the local value shows the effective value after any overrides and subsequent configuration. There must be something in your web server config that is turning that setting on.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:30 pm

The master value is essentially a look at the php.ini file; the local value shows the effective value after any overrides and subsequent configuration. There must be something in your web server config that is turning that setting on.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks, I'll keep digging through the web config's. Appreciate your time.
Jim

Previous

Return to OCS Technical Support