OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

ocs 2.3.5: Two problems related to announcements

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

ocs 2.3.5: Two problems related to announcements

Postby larsh » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 am

When an announcement is prepared in the OCS administrator interface, and sent to people having signed up for notifications of site updates, a problem arises.
A blank screen occurs together with the following message in the Apache error-log:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Conference::getLocalizedTitle() in lib/pkp/classes/notification/NotificationManager.inc.php
on line 115, referer: /index.php/DNP/index/manager/createAnnouncement

The error-causing line is shown in context below:
$mail->assignParams(array(
'notificationContents' => $notificationContents,
'url' => $notification->getLocation(),
'siteTitle' => $context->getLocalizedTitle(),
'unsubscribeLink' => Request::url(null, 'notification', 'unsubscribeMailList')
));
As a consequence, notifications by mail are not delivered, at least not to unregistered users (identity was succesfully confirmed via reply to confirmation mail).

Another announcement-related problem: Even after announcements are deleted in the administrator-interface, they still appear when Notification/View is selected without logging in (at least if not all announcements are deleted). Example: At http://www.DNPsymposium.org/ you will find 3 similar announcements (equal content). Three announcements with different content were created, and two of them were subsequently deleted, so the list should only have one message (the latest).

Any ideas of the causes? I am using PHP 5.3 and OCS 2.3.5 with currently available patches installed.

Thanks,
Lars
larsh

Re: ocs 2.3.5: Two problems related to announcements

Postby waluyo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Also in OCS 2.3.4
I have the same problem, error in line 115, every time I create a new announcement.
What I do, I click the BACK button in my browser, then the announcement is written as expected under announcement.

Regards,
waluyo
waluyo

Postby pgeorg » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:51 am

Hello everyone
I have a similar problem in OCS 2.3.5.0
I am trying to add RSS2 feed of my conference (http://conference2013.lis.upatras.gr) to conference's page on Facebook but i get nothing. In the same way choosing the notification icon on the site I get a blank screen with the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method AnnouncementDAO::getMostRecentAnnouncementByConferenceId() in /var/www/ocs-2.3.5/plugins/generic/announcementFeed/AnnouncementFeedGatewayPlugin.inc.php on line 127

Any help on that would be valuable....

Regards

Panos Georgiou, University of Patras, Library & Information Center
pgeorg

Postby asmecher » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:09 am

Hi Panos,

I've filed this at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8184; there is a link to a patch there (actually two, though they're both the same). Could you apply the patch and confirm whether it solves the problem?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby waluyo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:06 am

It works for me, thanks :D

regards
waluyo
waluyo

Return to OCS Technical Support