OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Notify User email not pulling Author Name / Paper Title data

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Notify User email not pulling Author Name / Paper Title data

Postby btcharpied » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi all,

I'm not sure whether I'm having issues right now or whether the system isn't designed for this; however, we are looking to notify our accepted presenters of the chance to make any last edits (via a new upload) to their files for print in our Proceedings.

I am simply typing in the email, but it essentially starts as follows:

Dear {$authorName},

Congratulations, once again, on having your session proposal, titled {$paperTitle} accepted for presentation at the ....

Where the coding for authorName and paperTitle arrive to the Presenter just as it shows above with no actual data.

I don't see of a way to place this into a prepared email and then have the prepared email be sent out to the Presenters, so I'm assuming this Notify Users route is my only option. I thought that the {$authorName} and {$paperTitle} code would pull the data in no matter where the email originated from, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any insight in to how we can alert our Presenters would be fantastic. In addition, is there a way - utilizing a similar call for data - to notify them of their presentation room and schedule as was set within the OCS system itself?

Best,

-Brandon
btcharpied

Re: Notify User email not pulling Author Name / Paper Title data

Postby JasonNugent » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:34 am

Hi Brandon,

Unfortunately, those template variables are not available in all templates or in all email. There is a specific set that get replaced depending on what template is being used, and since you're generating your own email body there isn't any way to know what template variables need replacing. It's a known issue, and probably something that will be looked at in the future.

Regards,
Jason
JasonNugent
Site Admin

Re: Notify User email not pulling Author Name / Paper Title

Postby roball » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:25 am

JasonNugent wrote:It's a known issue, and probably something that will be looked at in the future.

Can you please direct me to that "known issue"?

Thanks.
roball

Return to OCS Technical Support