OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Reviewer list page not showing reviewers

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Reviewer list page not showing reviewers

Postby ramon » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:15 am

Hello all,

Running OCS 2.3.3.1 I ran into a strange situation.
There are 2 conferences, one is currently active.
The previous conference is from a previous version, upgraded via full upgrade.
Only the latest patches haven't been applied (last 4 I believe).

A reviewer claimed she's not able to access a submission assigned to her.
Using the "Login in as" feature I can see the submission, but I can't I log in directly as I don't have the URL.
I'm waiting on confirmation about her been able to access the submission.

However, when I went to look for the user as a reviewer, no user showed up, although she has an active submission in this conference.
She also was a reviewer on the previous conference, which is a a previous edition of this one.
I can only find her when viewing all users.

Is this normal?
Would synchronizing users fix this? I'm not willing to synchronize everyone, just this user or at least only the reviewers...
ramon

Re: Reviewer list page not showing reviewers

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Ramon,

I'm afraid I don't quite follow. Has she been enrolled as a reviewer in the current scheduled conference? Can you try (re)enrolling her as a Reviewer for that scheduled conference? You can certainly try to sync the reviewers in this case, which may help.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ramon » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Hello James,

Here are some screenshots to illustrate the problem. Synchronizing roles may fix this?

Figure 1: When logged in as Admin, no users are listed as reviewers on current conference.
ocs_norevslisted.png
ocs_norevslisted.png (33.29 KiB) Viewed 1204 times

Figure 2: Loggin in as the user, using the Admin's feature - not the user's login and password, the screen confirms enrollment as reviewer on current conference
ocs_userasrev.png
ocs_userasrev.png (32.97 KiB) Viewed 1204 times

Figure 3: User's homepage, showing same role in different conferences.
ocs_userasrevhome.png
ocs_userasrevhome.png (22.1 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
ramon

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi Ramon,

Hrm, I can't replicate this at all. The user shouldn't be listed as a reviewer unless you or they have explicitly enrolled them as one. I'd suggest just trying to enroll them as a reviewer to see if you can finally see them; in the meantime I'll pass this one up the chain for further discussion.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ramon » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:37 am

Hello James,

I'll check the reviewer registration.
I just found odd that the user is a reviewer in that conference and is not showing up in the list.
It may have to do with this bug which creeped up in our system.
We were having problems designating reviewers.
We applied the line in the patch, and it works now.
However, our file in classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorSubmissionDAO.inc.php is completely different, although our version is a stock 2.3.1.3
Has this anything to do with the error?
Attachments
TrackDirectorSubmissionDAO.txt
This is the old version, without the afore mentioned patch, but all other patches listed in the Recommended Patches list (I believe!)
(31.05 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
ramon

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:13 am

Hi Ramon,

That file is completely different than which version, exactly -- what is normally in the stock 2.3.1-3 release, or what is referenced in that bug report? It does look like that file has seen a lot of edits over the past year or two, so I wouldn't be surprised if it it somewhat/significantly different than the one referenced in that bug report/thread, which refers to more recent versions of OCS.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ramon » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:06 am

James,

Anyway, it seems to be working now.
Synchronizing reviewer roles also helped.
ramon

Return to OCS Technical Support