OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Issues with OCS 2.3.3.1

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Issues with OCS 2.3.3.1

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:11 am

Hi George,

9) I have a problem with character encoding for the Registrants/Review/Papers Report in "Stats & Reports" in Conference Site Management...

The created .csv files show characters both as "Αναγνωριστικό ΧρήστΌ" and as HTML entities (?) "&omicron"

Can this be fixed?

Would you be able to email me a sample report? It's jmacgreg at gmail dot com. I can take a look directly.

10) In Conference Site Management > Scheduler > Schedule Presentations & Events if I click "cancel", I am lead to a 404 page with the following URL
-http://www.example.com/ocs/index.php/conference_path/scheduled_conference_path/manager/schedules-

Maybe the final "s" there is at fault?

That is correct! I have uploaded a fix here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6418.

Regarding the custom block issue: I still can't replicate this. Are you seeing any sort of error in your server's error logs when you create the next custom block?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby georgeKapsomenos » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:55 pm

jmacgreg wrote:Hi George,

9) I have a problem with character encoding for the Registrants/Review/Papers Report in "Stats & Reports" in Conference Site Management...

The created .csv files show characters both as "Αναγνωριστικό ΧρήστΌ" and as HTML entities (?) "&omicron"

Can this be fixed?

Would you be able to email me a sample report? It's jmacgreg at gmail dot com. I can take a look directly.

Just did. Thank you very much

jmacgreg wrote:
10) In Conference Site Management > Scheduler > Schedule Presentations & Events if I click "cancel", I am lead to a 404 page with the following URL
-http://www.example.com/ocs/index.php/conference_path/scheduled_conference_path/manager/schedules-

Maybe the final "s" there is at fault?

That is correct! I have uploaded a fix here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6418.

Regarding the custom block issue: I still can't replicate this. Are you seeing any sort of error in your server's error logs when you create the next custom block?

Cheers,
James

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I know how to check that, i.e. what needs to be checked...

In the "error log" for my website's Cpanel I don't get any errors after creating a second custom plugin.

In my browser's error console I get about 25 errors from the "ocs_install_folder/lib/pkp/styles/jqueryUi.css". For example
Warning: Unknown property 'border-bottom-left-radius'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.example.com/ocs/lib/pkp/styles/jqueryUi.css
Line: 281

and one which appears regardless of whether or not there are any custom plugins created
Warning: Unexpected token in attribute selector: '!'.
Source File: (this is replaced each time by the particular page I am in and has no steady reference)
Line: 0
georgeKapsomenos

Postby tshore » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:36 pm

georgeKapsomenos wrote:
jmacgreg wrote:Hi George,

Can this be fixed?

Just did. Thank you very much

I am having problems with this as well. French characters, apostrophe's from Word, etc. My client is trying to put their programme together. Please help.
tshore

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:17 pm

Hi all,

George, apologies for letting this one slip by me -- not sure how that happened. You can find a bug report for the mangled special character issue here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6626. Please feel free to CC yourselves to that report for future updates.

Regarding the custom block issue -- this bug report and attached patch may help.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby tshore » Wed May 04, 2011 8:17 pm

I have made some headway on the problem with the special characters in the papers report.

On this page:
http://kwizcom.blogspot.com/2007/05/utf-8-with-signature.html

I found this:
My client had to display some non-English characters that were all UTF8 encoded. When saving the result HMTL in notepad using UTF8 excel was able to display the special chars ok, but when using the code sample above - we got some wrong data.

After googling around for a while i managed to understand that excel must use UTF8 with signature text and i had to add a signature to it.

So - how do I signature my file as UTF8???

Some more googling allowed me to learn that all I needed to do is add these bytes to the start of the file:
0xEF, 0xBB, 0xBF

Which led me to include this:
Code: Select all
fwrite($fp, chr(0xEF).chr(0xBB).chr(0xBF));

in plugins/reports/papers/PaperReportPlugin.inc.php, right after:
$fp = fopen('php://output', 'wt');

It still wasn't all the way there. My output file still contained HTML entities, despite the fact that html_entity_decode was used for a number of fields.

Back to Google... and on the PHP documentation page for the html_entity_decode fn:
http://php.net/manual/en/function.html-entity-decode.php
I find this:
I wrote in a previous comment that html_entity_decode() only handled about 100 characters. That's not quite true; it only handles entities that exist in the output character set (the third argument). If you want to get ALL HTML entities, make sure you use ENT_QUOTES and set the third argument to 'UTF-8'.

So I try adding these two arguments for the abstract field and that seems to do the trick. ie. this:
} elseif ($index == 'abstract') {
$columns[$index] = html_entity_decode(strip_tags($row[$index]);

becomes this:
} elseif ($index == 'abstract') {
$columns[$index] = html_entity_decode(strip_tags($row[$index]), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');

I think that perhaps we should do the same for at minimum the title field as well, so maybe it should be this:
} elseif (($index == 'abstract') || ($index == 'title')) {
$columns[$index] = html_entity_decode(strip_tags($row[$index]), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');

The file opens fine in Excel for Windows. Still have messed up characters in Excel on my Mac. Even without the UTF-8 signature fix, the file opens fine in Open Office.
tshore

Postby mendesrocha » Tue May 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Hey!

Look what happens when I request a Registrant Report from my OCS 2.3.3.1 (updated from 2.1.1.2)

I can download the file, but when I open the CSV file I found it.

NOTICE: Undefined variable: registrationOptionIds (/home/cbce/public_html/congressos/plugins/reports/registrants/RegistrantReportPlugin.inc.php:107)<br/>
ocs2 has produced an error
  In file: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/plugins/reports/registrants/RegistrantReportPlugin.inc.php
  At line: 135
  Stacktrace:
   File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/plugins/reports/registrants/RegistrantReportPlugin.inc.php line 135
     Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(2, "Invalid argument supplied for foreach()", "/home/cbce/public_html/congressos/plugins/reports/registrants/Re...", 135, Array(3))
   File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/plugins/reports/registrants/RegistrantReportPlugin.inc.php line 107
     Function: RegistrantReportPlugin->mergeRegistrantOptions(Null, Array(0))
   File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/pages/manager/StatisticsHandler.inc.php line 136
     Function: RegistrantReportPlugin->display(Array(0))
   File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177
     Function: StatisticsHandler->report(Array(1), Object(Request))
   File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130
     Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
   File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170
     Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
   File: /home/cbce/public_html/congressos/index.php line 65
     Function: PKPApplication->execute()
  Server info:
   PHP Version: 5.2.17
   Apache Version: N/A
   DB Driver: mysql
   DB server version: 5.1.54-rel12.5-log<br/>

I can find data report, but it is too messy! Paper and Review reports are ok.

There is a RegistrantReportPlugin.inc.php but no RegistrantReportDAO.inc.php file at the GitHub.
mendesrocha

Postby jmacgreg » Fri May 27, 2011 7:44 am

Hi Renato,

Can you tell us if you have any registration options configured, and also if you have made any changes to the OCS system or plugin files as described above?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mendesrocha » Fri May 27, 2011 8:09 am

Hi James,

Thanks for your attention.

We have 4 registration types, and no registration options were created.

I have made no changes as described above.

I've done some changes in my OCS, but none of them related to report plugins. Most of them were on locale files.

-
Renato
mendesrocha

Postby mcrider » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi Renato,

This looks to be fixed in the current development version of OCS (on Github), but I wouldn't recommend applying the patch that fixes that since there are a lot of other changes in there that might have adverse effects. I'd suggest adding the line
$registrationOptionIds = array();
at about line 88 right before the while loop in plugins/reports/registrants/RegistrantReportPlugin.inc.php.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby mendesrocha » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:46 am

Matt,

That line solved the problem. Thanks!

-
Renato
mendesrocha

Previous

Return to OCS Technical Support