OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Review upload issue with fatal error

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Review upload issue with fatal error

Postby bronskyblu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:39 am

Hi James,
as promised a my conference reviewer found another issue: evidently the upgrade from 2.1.2.1 to 2.3.3.1 was not perfect. Anyway I prefere to refer to his own words (he's a reviewer that try to upload his comments on a paper):

"The problem is when I try to save the recommendation (accept,.....reject) and the score from 0 to 100. When I try to save the message is the following:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getDateAssigned() on a non-object in /ocs/classes/submission/reviewAssignment/ReviewAssignmentDAO.inc.php on line 486"

I saw the bug report http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5373 that seems quite similar (and I hope the similar solution).

Any idea to solve it or go around? My bigger problem, as you know, is that I cannot access the server as admin (so I can play in someway with the configuration but I am not enabled to use command line tools and to run any exe prog) and this limit me with patches use.

Thanks
bronskyblu

Re: Review upload issue with fatal error

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:24 pm

Hi Gabriele,

Strange -- I don't think that that is the same problem, unfortunately, as the bug report and fix was assigned against an older version of OCS. Could you open the problem file (/ocs/classes/submission/reviewAssignment/ReviewAssignmentDAO.inc.php) via FTP, and see what is on line 486?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Review upload issue with fatal error

Postby bronskyblu » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:14 am

Hi James, luckily it seems that this problem does not persist anymore: when I tried to submit the review (as reviewer) anything went fine. So now I don't know how that issue arise.

Anyway, this is what I found on line 486 of the selected file (/ocs/classes/submission/reviewAssignment/ReviewAssignmentDAO.inc.php):

$this->datetimeToDB($reviewAssignment->getDateAssigned()), $this->datetimeToDB($reviewAssignment->getDateNotified()), $this->datetimeToDB($reviewAssignment->getDateConfirmed()), $this->datetimeToDB($reviewAssignment->getDateCompleted()), $this->datetimeToDB($reviewAssignment->getDateAcknowledged()), $this->datetimeToDB($reviewAssignment->getDateDue()), $this->datetimeToDB($reviewAssignment->getDateRated()), $this->datetimeToDB($reviewAssignment->getLastModified()), $this->datetimeToDB($reviewAssignment->getDateReminded())),

Thanks,
bronskyblu

Return to OCS Technical Support