OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Blank Screen when Uploading Supplementary File

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Blank Screen when Uploading Supplementary File

Postby tshore » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:55 am

The file actually uploads and can be edited, if you use the back button to keep going.

This is the error I got:

[client 24.150.147.204] ocs2 has produced an error\n Message: WARNING: assert(): Assertion failed\n In file: /1/var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php\n At line: 452\n Stacktrace: \n Server info:\n OS: Linux\n PHP Version: 5.0.4\n Apache Version: Apache/2.0.54 (Mandriva Linux/PREFORK-13.3.20060mdk)\n DB Driver: mysql\n DB server version: 4.1.12-Max, referer: http://imrf.mcmaster.ca/IMRF/ocs3/index ... ?paperId=9

Help please.

PS: Using OCS 2.3.3.1
tshore

Re: Blank Screen when Uploading Supplementary File

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi Trudy,

Hrm, I can't seem to replicate this. Can you give me a bit more detail on the following:

-- Is this happening to directors as well as authors? That is, do you get an error if you log in as a director and attempt to upload a supplementary file from a submission's Summary page?

-- Have you made any changes to either the supplementary file template files or the main DAO.inc.php file?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby tshore » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Doesn't happen when I try uploading as a director.

I only made changes to the following submit templates:

templates/author/submit/step1.tpl
templates/author/submit/complete.tpl

Haven't touched DAO.inc.php.

This is the URL at the top of the blank page:

http://imrf.mcmaster.ca/IMRF/ocs3/index.php/imrf/2011/author/saveSubmit/4
tshore

Postby mcrider » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi Trudy,

This may have been fixed by the patch in http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=6022 -- Try applying that or upgrading to a later version of OJS.

If that still doesn't work, could you turn on show_stacktrace in config.inc.php and get back to us with the more detailed error?

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby mcrider » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi Trudy,

Sorry, that patch was for OJS, not OCS. I can't reproduce the issue you talk about, so please give us some more details (including the stacktrace) if you'd like help tracking it down.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby tshore » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Here is the stacktrace you requested:

ocs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: assert(): Assertion failed In file: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php At line: 452 Stacktrace: File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php line 452 Function: Application->errorHandler(2, "assert(): Assertion failed", "/var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php", 452, Array(17)) File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php line 452 Function: assert(False) File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/classes/paper/SuppFileDAO.inc.php line 109 Function: SuppFileDAO->updateDataObjectSettings("paper_supp_file_settings", Object(SuppFile), Array(1)) File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/classes/paper/SuppFileDAO.inc.php line 173 Function: SuppFileDAO->updateLocaleFields(Object(SuppFile)) File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/classes/author/form/submit/AuthorSubmitSuppFileForm.inc.php line 189 Function: SuppFileDAO->insertSuppFile(Object(SuppFile)) File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/pages/author/SubmitHandler.inc.php line 249 Function: AuthorSubmitSuppFileForm->execute() File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/pages/author/SubmitHandler.inc.php line 166 Function: SubmitHandler->submitUploadSuppFile() File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 177 Function: SubmitHandler->saveSubmit(Array(1), Object(Request)) File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 130 Function: PageRouter->route(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 170 Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request)) File: /var/www/html/IMRF/ocs3/index.php line 65 Function: Application->execute() Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.0.4 Apache Version: Apache/2.0.54 (Mandriva Linux/PREFORK-13.3.20060mdk) DB Driver: mysql DB server version: 4.1.12-Max
tshore

Postby tshore » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:47 am

Maybe this will also be helpful:

print_r-ed this in classes/paper/SuppFileDAO.inc.php @ line # 107
Code: Select all
SuppFile Object
(
    [_data] => Array
        (
            [paperId] => 388
            [fileId] => 68
            [title] => Untitled
            [dateCreated] => 2011-07-21 10:29:20
            [dateSubmitted] => 2011-07-21 10:29:20
            [sequence] => 0
            [id] => 73
        )
    [_metadataAdapters] => Array
        (
        )
)

The error seems to be something related to this object not having a locale specified?
tshore

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:53 am

Hi Trudy,

Are you sure there's not some older code mixed in with your installation of OCS? This appears to be http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5843, which was already fixed in OCS 2.3.3.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby tshore » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 am

Screen shot 2011-07-21 at 12.16.50 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-07-21 at 12.16.50 PM.png (21.51 KiB) Viewed 1644 times
tshore

Postby asmecher » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 am

Hi Trudy,

Could you try the patch attached at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5843 against OCS 2.3.3-1? If it solves the problem, I'll add it to our recommended patches list.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby tshore » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:52 am

That fixed it. Thank you.

The only reason I came back to look at this, is that the sysadmins must've been mucking around with our server and the path to my OCS files had changed. So, someone tried to upload a supp. file with their submission and it was completely broken, instead of just a little bit broken. Once I fixed the path problem, I decided to take another look at this error.

Thanks again.
tshore

Return to OCS Technical Support